You may remember that we weren't going to 'do' rings.
That I didn't want to send someone down a mine shaft to get something shiny for me.
And here we are with a picture of a diamond.
Well, here's what happened.
Todd's mom came upstairs on Thanksgiving 2006 with a little box in her pocket. She told us it contained his grandma Hazel's ring, and that if we wanted to use it, we could. She only asked that we design a new band to symbolize our new relationship. I opened it, and it was perfect.
I wouldn't have accepted a ring any other way. Classy, filigree, and a tangible connection to Todd's family.
So, we do shiny things after all...
As we weren't in a hurry, the ring sat on our kitchen table for a year. Fast forward to Thanksgiving 2007 where Todd and I visited the Regiers in Texas. We finally got around to visiting a jewelry store - with supervision of course - and Dad took us to his acquaintances at Philip Randolph Jewelers. The people there made us comfortable instantly, and we've been designing rings over email since then.
I haven't seen anything physical yet - but this picture is the most recent version, and I love it!
Hopefully we'll get our shiny things in the mail before we leave for Colorado on Feb. 22.
But if not - we'll still be just as married. Life is good.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a special way to symbolize your love with history, family, love, and a new marriage tied together!
I love this story! Please share more tid bits about the wedding! :)
Dennis and I bought our rings the day before our wedding. We were much more simplistic... plain gold bands. Though they are "comfort fit", which is nice :)
I love the concept sketch of your ring. How positively beautiful! And what a great way to "swap" symbols. Very cool. Glad to find my way to your site. I'm still trying to figure my way out to your party... I'll keep you posted :)
Post a Comment